Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Well...lets begin...

So I have finally gotten around to posting a blog. I'm still wondering where this will take me and hoping that I'll have the patience & discipline to see this through. I did BB's, newsgroups, IRC, ICQ, Yahoo, Hotmail, Skype, Myspace, Facebook...but never, until now, got to the blog. I couldn't see the point and anyway, who would want to read my ramblings? I think I missed the point.

I work in the IT industry (it will become obvious for who in later posts...as I don't want this to become a support forum!) and I am bombarded by new ideas and information daily. In my free time, the things I like to do are driven by technology. I've watched, studied, experienced and taught on the changing face of technology, business & society (...and I still can not work out why I haven't blogged yet.) So I want this place to be a way of capturing good ideas, trends and know-how from multiple sources. The topics I intend to cover are:
  • Just making IT simpler - I like clever-tech but I prefer a stress-free life
  • My growing passion for photography - all my spare change is all going into this hobby
  • Movies, TV & Media
  • Life in the Middle East - expat based in Dubai and learning things daily
It will be interesting for me to look back after 6 months, 1 year... and see where my time was being spent. I'm hoping it will also remove the hassle of wondering which drive/PC has that good idea that I now can not find.

If along the way anything here helps you then all the better. With 6.6 Billion people out there, statistically (if not factually) I have a good chance of helping someone!

- Mark

No comments: